Originally posted on http://community.wearesolo.com/mini-vanilla-vegan-doughnuts/.
These Mini Vanilla Doughnuts are the ideal party treat at only 87kcal per ball! Serve up these balls with a sweet raspberry dip that compliments the soft fluffy filling.
- ? Orange
- ? tsp. Sea Salt
- 250g Plain Flour
- 200g Ripe Raspberries
- 1? tsp. Baking Powder
- 120ml Organic Soy Milk
- 1.5 Litres Sunflower Oil
- 50g Golden Caster Sugar
- 50g Dairy-Free Maragine
- 1 Heaped tbsp. Icing Sugar
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 50g Caster Sugar
- In a small sauce pan, melt the margarine, soy milk and 2 tbsp. of the sunflower oil over a medium heat.
- In a separate larger bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Once mixed, make a hole and pour in the melted mixture.
- Combine both mixtures together with a fork until it forms a wet, thick dough. Split the mixture and roll into golf size balls.
- In a medium-sized deep pan, heat the remaining sunflower oil over a high heat. Use a slotted spoon to carefully lower a couple of the dough balls into the hot oil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the balls are golden and cooked through (make sure to turn occasionally).
- To make the vanilla sugar, halve the vanilla pod length ways and scrape out the seeds….
Continue reading original article…